Find what you love to do .…. and then do it forever. Ben Brown
I guess you could say that I have been preparing to become a marine surveyor for my entire life. In my late teens, I graduated with a 3-year degree in automotive technologies from a technical college in Germany, then I spent decades in the automobile industry and later owned a custom motorcycle dealership. If I was not at my job, I was never far from the water, either working on or playing with one of my many project boats, which is where I got the kind of education you can’t buy. Although I am proud of my SAMS Accreditation, ABYC Certifications and Chapman School training, nothing could ever replace all those years (and busted knuckles) of working on my boats.
- Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors (SAMS®) Accredited Marine Surveyor #1389
- National Association of Marine Surveyors (NAMSGlobal) Associate Marine Surveyor
- ITC Certified Level I Infrared Thermographer.
- American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) Member
- ABYC Certified Technician – Standards.
- ABYC Certified Electrical Advisor.
- ABYC Certified Marine Systems Advisor.
- USPAP Compliant Personal Property Appraiser.
- International Association of Marine Investigators (IAMI) Member
- Graduate of Chapman’s School of Seamanship for Yacht & Small Craft Surveying.
- Graduate of Chapman’s School for Damage & Claims Fundamentals and Advanced.
- 100 Ton Master Captain with Radar, Towing and Radio operator endorsements.
- Several years of working on a 100-ton fishing vessel.
- 3-years degree in Automotive Technologies in Aschaffenburg, Germany.
- Owner of a custom V-twin motorcycle dealership for over ten years.
- S.C. State Notary.